Tuesday, December 6, 2011

80 Days of Blogging Challenge, Day 7!

7.What are your religious beliefs? Have they changed, or have they always stayed the same?

My religious beliefs. Thats easy. I love Jesus Christ. Through and through. I always have and I always will. I believe He was born of a virgin's womb who conceived by the Holy Spirit, lived a perfect life, and died on the cross to forgive my sins.
As I thought about this question all day, I couldn't help but think "gee, thats a hard one to answer..." because I was baptized a Catholic, but I haven't attended a Catholic church faithfully since I was a young girl. I have attended numerous churches, the ones I have been faithful to, as much as possible, are the Salvation Army in Charlottetown, PEI, and The Cloverdale Union in Cloverdale, New Brunswick. But then it hit me, it's not a question of what church I go to, or how often I attend really, it's a question of what, or who, do I believe in, and that made the question a heck of a lot easier to answer. I believe in THE ONE. The one who died, and rose again, to forgive my sins almost 2000 years ago. He died for me, and for you. And he lives for me and you now. Someday, he will come back for us and take us to live with him, and his father, God, in heaven, in the mansion that he has created for us.

Post 7 in the 80 days of blogging challenge c/o Tom Slatin's 80 Journal Writing Prompts www.tomslatin.com/80-journal-writing-prompts/

No comments:

Post a Comment