Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Have You Ever Heard A Snowflake Fall?

It's the most amazing sound. To me it sounds like God is whispering in my ear "it's going to be alright."
The other night it was snowing and it was so beautiful that I just had to go outside and walk. I found the quietest part of my neighborhood and just stood there. It was so quiet you could hear the snow falling all around. It is something I never want to take for granted again. Every time it snows gently like it did the other day I want to take at least five minutes and go outside and just breathe and listen to the snow. Because who knows how many breaths and snow falls I have left?
I learned again this week just how quick a life can go away. I went for coffee last week with my father and the "crew" and yesterday morning I woke up to the news that one of the dear sweet old men who make up the "crew" had passed away suddenly. Jimmy was the sweetest man and will be missed so very much. I knew him for a very long time, but about 6 years ago I got the chance to get to know him even better when I started to date his grandson, Alex. I loved him very much and my heart is broke to know that he is gone. But, Carrie Underwood has this song out called "See You Again" which has given me some measure of comfort because it is true. I will see Jimmy again. Much as I miss him I hope that it will be some time before I do. I have a lot of living to do before I go to heaven :)
On a much happier note.. I did some baking this morning! I made six mini loaves of Banana Bread. and boy is it yummy! haha I made two batches of the recipe to make up the six loaves. One batch had chocolate chips in it (yumm!) and the other had cherries at my mother's request.
This is the recipe that I used.

Banana Bread Recipe

  • Prep time: 5 minutes
  • Cook time: 1 hour
  • Yield: Makes one loaf.

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

METHOD

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

I would tell you how much cherries and how much chocolate chips I used, but I really don't know. I just dumped them in until it looked like enough to me haha. I encourage you to try this recipe though! It is delish! 
Here is the link to where I found it.. .http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/
enjoy your day! 
xo Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment