Thursday, June 5, 2014

3 Must Be My Lucky Number

It seems with Compassion I either have 1 little one, or 3 haha. For the longest time I had my three boys, Robert,  Joel and Loukmane, but because of financial reasons I had to give up Joel and Loukmane, even though it broke my heart to do so. But now since I figured stuff out, sold a bunch of junk I didn't need (lol) worked hard and saved hard, I was able to sponsor financially again, and so I picked Raja, who I introduced you to last week I believe. Then I had mentioned a while ago to a lady I know that I was hoping to sponsor a little boy specifically with the same birthdate as Jaydee to teach him about other parts of the world like a good cousin/auntie. And so last week shortly after I picked up Raja's sponsorship, Dushandan fell into my lap.
Dushandan was born October 14, 2007. Making him 2 years older than Jaydee. He lives in Sri Lanka with his mama and daddy.. and, like me when I was his age, loves hide and seek. He's a sweet little fellow and I am SUPER excited to get to know him. I don't have his picture on my computer currently, but when I do I will upload a copy here so you all can see his adorable little face and his pants on backwards xD.
With the addition of Raja and Dushandan to my Compassion family and my signing up to become an advocate for Compassion, I felt my organization skills needed to be improved to keep everything in line. So now I have a "Compassion Corner" in my room. A temporary set up until I find a better place for everything. Four blue binders, three bibles and a bunch of Compassion Advocacy papers/materials are all neatly stored on one of my night tables. Each binder is labelled on the side for maximum organization (haaha) Letters, Colouring Pages,Paper and Extras.
I spent $2 at the dollarama and bought two colouring books, came home and ripped (gently) all the pages out and placed them individually into page protectors and placed them in one big binder, which became the "Colouring Pages" binder (self explanatory, Lisa.. duhh haha)
My letters binder is pretty self explanatory too, but I'm bored, so read on. In the front flap thinger I have the letters/cards/whatever waiting to be sent. All nice and pretty and not getting lost (yay me!) Then, I have Robert's bio card and picture in a page protector, marking the start of his section where all the letters and pictures I have (found) from him are each in their own page protector waiting to be read again.
At the End of Robert's section is a divider, and then little Raja's bio card. I'm trying to keep better track of what I send/tell my kids so I don't repeat myself too much, so I'm starting to photocopy everything I send. So since I haven't yet received a letter from Raja the first thing you'll see is a copy of my first letter to him :)
Flip the page and you'll see the same process repeated for my sweet Dushandan.
Then at the end of the binder, you will find the letters written by my darlings Joel and Loukmane who I miss so dearly.
My extras binder holds all of the stickers/postcards I have purchased to send to my boys, just waiting to be selected and mailed:)
See! Organization. Wasn't so hard to do :) Now if I can just remember to keep it that way....
Off to Halifax this weekend for the Walmart Walk for Miracles! I'm so pumped to be going. I loved going the last two years, but this year the one manager at Walmart that I honestly truly get along with/understand and like.. is taking us. SO. PUMPED!

I would like to end this post with a request. There is a terrible tragedy going on this moment in Moncton, a city about 2 1/2 hours away from me. Three RCMP officers have been shot and killed, and two more seriously injured by one man. He is still at large and as I sit here and type I have the police scanner app on my tablet going, tuned in to their manhunt. Please, please pray that this disturbed young man is caught before any more blood is shed.

xo
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment