Thursday, July 7, 2011

Second Letter!!

Helloooo!
Tonight I recieved my second letter from Joel, my sponsored child!! It was posted way back in April (the 24th!) and tonight, July 7th, I recieved it!!! It took a whopping 75 days to travel from that precious little boy's hands in Burkina Faso, to mine in New Brunswick. But it was well worth the wait! :) Though his words may be few, they are genuine and innocent as children should be. This little child, on the other side of the world, who has never met me, genuinely cares about how I am. I love it. :) Anyways, here is the letter :)

Dear Lisa Keough,
It's a great pleasure for me to write this letter to you. My family and I are well. How are you doing? How are your activities going? It'll soon be Easter I'll go to church on that day and we'll sing and dance. mom will cook some rice with fire. i'll also go to wish my friends and wish them a happy Easter celebration. what will you eat on Easter day? I wish you a happy Easter day
bye!


I feel really guilty for not writing to him for so long, so tonight I'm going to publicly post my promise to write to little Joel at least once a month. Even if it is only a short little note. He shows his love for me though his letters, I need to show mine for him, through my letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment