Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Fell in Love Again Last Night

Hello!!!
As some of you may know, I am now the proud mama of a new little fur-baby. A precious little black and white, blue-eyed kitten named Pepsi. Yes, Pepsi, lol. Until September she is staying out to my Uncle's barn as I don't think a kitten who's not litterbox trained, and a camper-trailer will mix well haha.
Last night, I went to see my baby. She had just finished her supper and like any other baby I've met, belly full of milk = nap time. But I wanted her to get used to my scent, so I scooped her out of her box and carried her down to the house where I sat on the couch next to the other sleeping baby (Jaydee) and while the two peacefully slumbered, one on my lap, the other at my side, a warm fuzzy feeling overtook me (No, she didnt pee on my lap!) My heart began to melt. And melt some more. And when my precious little Pepsi began to purr, it melted some more, and this tiny little creature (too tiny to even fit a kitten's collar) stole my heart away in the palm of her - er - in the pads of her paws.
Even as I carried her up the road, past the big dogs barking, the sheep baaaing, the donkeys braying and the cars speeding past, she slept contentedly nestled in the crook of my elbow, on one tiny little paw strewn over the side of my arm, tail beside moving to my steps. She woke up long enough to be passed around between my Gram, my Aunt and (Almost) Uncle, and my mom for introductions. Then, in the safety of her surrogate mama's arm, she quickly fell asleep again.
Little Pepsi is so much different than my Lucky was. She is happy to rest in my arms, where Lucky would rather sleep on my clothes, safely on the floor. And where Lucky would have cried, Pepsi was happy just to look up at me.
Back to work --
xox Lisa & Pepsi

No comments:

Post a Comment